Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle!

One of the big things that has driven me is a love for recycling. For re-using things that have lived their life & been tossed aside, or worse, tossed into the trash/landfill. No, I’m not going to go fish them out! I’m looking to find things before they get that far.

One of the things I’ve saved from being tossed is some California Redwood. I know I’ve written a few posts about this wood & the connected projects already.

 I’ve also saved clothes & even material from ending up who knows where. Ah, my pile of clothes & material. Once I have more of this wood stuff finished I will be digging into some of that.

More recently (like the other day) I was surfing around online & came across a few more fun up-cycling ideas. I’m in awe of the people who think of these things. Making a rake head into a wine glass rack … using the old style 10 speed bike handlebars for a wall mounted bike rack ... making bottle openers from bike forks. I mean come on… how cool is that? Why couldn’t I think of that? Can I do that? 

Yup, all those questions & so many more have run thru my head lately. There are so many ideas out there for so many fun things. I have to wonder how many are original & how many have just been duplicated by several different people. Not that copies are a bad thing. Well, I don’t think they are anyway. And I would imagine (or hope) that each person would put their own spin on their version too. Yes? I know I would.

When someone takes the time to copy your idea, it’s got to be good. Right? As long as they don’t say its their original idea, there should be plenty of room for all of us to sell our fun & creative creations. Am I wrong? Granted, if an idea or product is copyrighted, that’s another story.

I’ll leave you all with that & I’ll be back with another post on the 7th.

1 comment:

Raige Creations said...

I love seeing the creativity people use to recycle, and re-purpose. I so appreciate the brain challenge that creates. There is absolutely no original idea. Just variations of ones that have been around for a long time, in one form or another.