Monday, October 10, 2011

Making it easier to help

So on Friday I talked about my efforts to help raise some money for the hungry by supporting our local food bank. While my effort is two-fold, I can understand not everyone can spend right now.


Obviously, as a business, my goal is to sell my art & create an income for myself. With this effort to raise funds for an organization, I have the opportunity to help not only my income by selling my art but also to help a very worthy cause, near to my heart.

We can help make a new beginning for them ...
I figured a way to help accomplish a little more of the second part by creating a donation button. Take a look just to the right. See it? Yup, right there … It is set to collect just $2.00. For many people that’s less than the cost of their morning coffee! And that $2 when spent on food will go much further than a cup of coffee.

So I ask, again, for your help. If you can’t quite handle spending $4-6 for a bookmark, or $6-11 for a matted print, $15 for a flower desk calendar … then please help with a small $2 donation to help me help those who cant help themselves.

we can be their hope ...

If you do decide to go shopping, remember that my bookmarks are a great stocking stuffer, as are the calendars. And everything has shipping at 50% off this month!

I also would like to direct your attention to my daughter’sefforts, to the same organization. She does beautiful wood burning (known as pyrography) & is also trying to raise some funds during this Hunger Awareness month.
We can help make their wishes come true ...

2 comments:

Sunfire said...

hmmm... a donate button... hadn't thought of that, but I will see about adding it, either in the blog or the shop...

Garden Gate Botanicals said...

That is a great idea! I appreciate the photography knowledge you are sharing with us bloggers and shop owners. I also wanted to let you know I have awarded you the Liebster award! lol Blame Frauke! She awarded me and I must pay it forward! You can read about it on my blog or on Frauke's. Have fun with it!