Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Redwood Collection … in limited edition

The exquisite lines of the grain, the breathtaking color, & the eye catching holes & knots combine to make this very limited edition of Trivets, Soap dishes & Elemental tiles.

These pieces were born from majestic northern California Redwood trees almost 25 years ago. From trees of unknown ages, the pieces used to create this limited edition line were thought of as scrap, leftovers, unsuitable for use. Once saved from the mulch pile, they waited patiently to be discovered by my artistic eye. I knew when I first saw them, I could bring their beauty to life again in a new, and yet unknown way.

Once the ideas began to flow for something useful, I began my quest to find the right designs to bring out as much of the wood’s history & character as I could. That is how these beautiful & unique pieces were born. Trial & error led me & my husband to come to the finished designs to be unveiled here soon. No fancy tools were used, as we are simple people, using (fairly) simple tools. 2 saws, 2 sanders & many (wo)man hours is what stands behind these creations. We don’t have endless tools to choose from, so modifications in original designs had to be made. But we still feel the outcome showcases the beauty of each piece.

When you hold these pieces in your own hands, you’ll almost hear the stories within them. You’ll see the natural shimmer in the grains & you’ll feel the history in your heart. You’re hardest decision will be choosing which piece to buy for yourself, after choosing the ones to give as gifts.

Once the products are unveiled & made available for sale, their quantity has very definite limits. When they are gone, they are truly history. I was gifted this limited supply of wood. When the last piece is sold, they will be but a memory… a memory I will cherish forever as an artist.

Unveiling is scheduled for October 1, 2011.Can you wait?

2 comments:

TexasEagle said...

Oh Nicole, I can't wait to see what you've created! The build up is fantastic, as I'm sure the finished pieces will be too!

Raige Creations said...

beautiful wood, and I too can't wait to see the finished products!