Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Visions of Success blog series recap

Hello my faithful readers...

I have enjoyed bringing you the Visions of Success series for the past 2 months. Wow, we've already been thru 8 wonderful handcrafted businesses.

As I was getting ready to put together the new few interviews,
I noticed I had a few snags that can't be fixed immediately. I hope to have the newest installment ready for next week.

Until then, please take a few minutes & revisit (or check out for the first time...) the previous wonderful ladies I have had the pleasure of interviewing...

Hearts Wristlet Key Fob

First up was Terri Riley of POP Embroidery by PaperOnParade.

She makes the coolest Key Fobs along with a variety of other fun things! Be sure to stop by & check out her shop! She is one busy lady whose talent shows in her work. I was thrilled to begin my series with such a fun array of items & such an open person!



Ice Princess Bracelet
Next, we had a chance to peek in on a lady who makes stunning chainmaille jewelry. I'm going to be having her make me a custom designed anklet to wear this summer! Stop in over at Marge Hummel's online home at Xquisitely Lady M. I'm always in awe when she gives us all a peek at something new. Amazing.


tape measure cover


Barbra LaBosco is yet another talented lady I had the pleasure of interviewing. Owner of All About the Buttons, she has found a unique way to make a huge variety of items, tying them all together with ... buttons! Be sure to stop by her shop & see what she has come up with.







Colorful Hobo Bag
Always in awe of the wonderful variety Zibbet has, I was not disappointed with the next interview. Next in line was Nancy German of Millions of Stitches. She has quite the knack for creating some fun & functional pieces with fabric. Nice variety too! Surely you can find something for you, or a gift.







Vintage tulle beaded scarf or wrap
When I interviewed Diane Svete-Noxon of Artemis53, it was like we all stepped back in time. To really know what I mean, check out her interview, & her shop. You wont regret the time spent on either one. The knack she has for finding such treasures is incredible.







Butterfly clips
And from visiting the past, next we jumped straight to our future when we met Jennifer, owner of Cute as a Bow. She creates cute as can be adornments, for little heads! Her work is wonderful, as is everyone's I've interviewed so far. Be sure to check her out & smile as the cuteness factor just jumps off the page!




arab, please ... button
My next interview took on an international flair! I was fascinated by everything I read & learned about Kay Tarapolsi. She owns A Crafty Arab. Her work, & her interview was so inspiring. Her determination to overcome obstacles & create awareness has led her down a path to some awesome creations.





personal size pizza board
And the most recent interview brought us to the kitchen. We met Julie Newberry. Julie owns Newberry Kitchen Accessories. I've already picked out a couple things I need & I'm sure you will too when you browse her wonderful wood inspired shop. Can you smell that? it's either sawdust from her creations, or something good cooking! Hey, that reminds me. I've gotta make bread today ...




I hope you have enjoyed these ladies as much as I have. We'll have many more to come. Please feel free to share the interviews of these hard working small handcrafted business women anywhere you like. Throughout this entry I provided links to each interview when you click on their names & direct links to their Zibbet shops when you click on their business name. Let the ladies know where you saw them!

And please, if you know someone who should be interviewed, on Zibbet or elsewhere, please send them to this entry. I'm still looking to add more folks to the roster. The more willing they are to talk about the business side of things, the better!

So until next time ... Happy Reading!!!

4 comments:

PaperOnParade said...

How wonderful...Love the re-cap idea! You have built a wonderful, fun blog! Thank you!!!

Barbra said...

Wonderful posts and interviews. Thanks again for including me.

Deni said...

Appreciate the recap - I enjoyed reading about each person and their shop!
www.zibbet.com/BreitWerk

Sunfire said...

What a neat idea, to recap. Perhaps I could do that... but I have oh-so-many that I've done... would take 2 posts, at least, to recap everyone... Anyhow, nicely put together post.