Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Calendar Update

So, in my previous post I talked about the new idea that has been churning in my brain for about a month now. It took me more hours than I care to count to get to the point I'm at now. I have all the boxes in place.

I added the months & year.

Then I added the number grid for each month from February 2011 to December 2012, on 3 sets of calendars. Next I added the days of the week & a line to separate the days from the numbers. Thought it gave it a nice look.

All this left was how to add the moon info underneath it all. This is the look I think I'm going for ...


To have it look the way I want, it'll be a 2 or 3 step process. First I'll go add the box to all the pages. Then I'll come back & add the words you see. Not sure if I want to add the dates right then, or separately. I'll try it both ways to see which process works better.  Now, to think positive that my hard work on all these is worth it! I should have the first listed by the weekend! What do you think?

7 comments:

Sunfire said...

Lookin' great!

Nicole's Visions said...

Thanks Sunfire! Always good to hear input from other sources!

Rebecca said...

I think it looks great. They are beautiful!

Raige Creations said...

I love the purple and adding the moon at the bottom - way cool!

Nicole's Visions said...

Thank you ladies for the encouraging comments!

Christina of Bent Realm Studios said...

That's pretty cool!

Was wondering, I see lots of handmade artists & photographers doing prints, cards, bookmarks etc, in the way it looks like you're doing. a Handmade calendar...I can't find any information on how people are doing this, like from a practical mechanics sense of it, anywhere. It seems like no one ever gets much into that part of it. So gotta ask do you have your own professional printing equipment? Do you have someone else do print runs? Have you done a blog entry about that aspect of what you do? I'd love to read that if you have. From what I see on this page your stuff looks deliciously pro-grade :)
Really love that you do more than just prints & posters. As an artist myself I find that boring when people do that, I go oh wait what, you only do posters & prints?! That just sounds too limited artistically.

Nicole's Visions said...

Wow, thank you Christina for your comment. I was going to type out a response here, but I think I will go into things a bit more & do a blog post. What else would you like to know about the process? I will put something together & promote the post. Thank you!