Tuesday, December 14, 2010

getting the word out

So working on promoting a website on your own can be a difficult thing to learn. I am a photographer. I am an artist. I am not a marketing guru! I am not a social networking queen either. But as a sole proprietor of my own business I have to find ways to learn to wear all these hats & more. Having to learn all these aspects of business is one of the many reasons we turn to others for guidance along the way. This is the reason we seek out other artisans, crafters, & small business people. By joining together, we can all learn from each other & feel not quite so alone in our creative ventures.

One of the places recently pointed out to me was a site called Inspire Handmade. I posted my link ot my new Zibbet shop. I also signed the Handmade Pledge they have. Kind of a neat little site.

My daughter, her boyfriend & myself have joined together to create a local artist/crafter group on Yahoo. We are all artisans who want to help each other grow as well as build a better/bigger community here where we live.

Small steps will just lead to more steps which will lead to more exposure & in the end, more sales. As I go along the promotional marketing & networking journey, I will share here my findings.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Yes, it is hard getting the word out! I am stopping by from Link Love - following you now...Looking forward to you doing the same @ havingfunsaving.com

Take care,
Tracy