Friday, September 12, 2008

Bra & Breast Cancer stuff update

Whew !! It's been a seemingly long couple of days since this all started. Let's see what I can tell you has happened since then.

I am getting an overwhelmingly positive response from everyone I talk to! This is fantastic. It makes me smile to know other people out there are supporting my idea. I can't even begin to tell you what this does for me on a personal level people. Talk about some good feel-good stuff going on inside me. I love it. I feel like I have a purpose! And a good one at that!

But anyways... what's new?

Well, I have the first of the bras already in my possession! The local Women s Resource Center has given me 6 bras!! We're on our way!!

I've spoken with my local Avon Lady, Judy Field. She has kindly donated 10 Avon shipping boxes to me to use as drop boxes for various locations around town. She's also going to go about collecting bras from within her customer base & representative downline. Big thanks to you Judy!! I'll be looking for some "breast cancer pink" wrapping paper to cover the boxes with next. I tried some pink spray paint, but it just doesn't look like I had envisioned. I hadn't even thought of the wrapping paper idea until she mentioned today when she dropped off boxes for me.

Laura has been getting good response on her end as well. She mentioned an email she had gotten from some local folks who were taking things a step further than just donating bras. They are planning a get together to decorate the bras!! How fantastic is that? It does my heart good to know there are so many caring people out there willing to show their support.

So far we have 2 drop off locations nailed down. The first is Drop Dead Fabulous of course. Located at 108 First Street in Wenatchee, they are open noon to 5 Tuesday thru Saturday. The second place is Crabby's Diner in East Wenatchee at 136 Eastmont. She opens at 11 & is open thru dinner hours. It sounds like we have another Wenatchee location, but I wont say until I know for sure.

If you are reading this & are a local Wenatchee or East Wenatchee business who'd like to be drop off location, please contact me!!

Also, if you are a local business reading ... we need sponsors! We need people to step up & say they will donate X amount of money per bra collected.

About donations ... Being a smaller town, we have given this some thought. Of course everyone knows the Susan G Komen Foundation. Well, not everyone knows that our own town has needs too. We'd like to work to give back to our community. With this in mind, we have decided that donations will go to 2 places. Money collected locally will be givne to our very own Wellness Place. The money received will be put to use right here in our community for cancer related issues!! Money collected form abroad, can be given to either place. As not everyone knows Wellness Place, they can choose. Any questions .. feel free to contact me!!

My last thing today is my own effort. Well wait, this has all been because of my effort huh? Well, this one is something I can do with the skills I have. Photography. I've had an idea in my head to create something to sell with some proceeds going to breast cancer. I have the idea! I'm gonna work on a product ... more to come as I develop it ....

No comments: